Chico Vet Center
Chico Vet Center (EDD)
Click on the picture for a map.

For Job Fair, Stand Down and Employer Seminar information choose a location below, then click the button to the right.

Chico Vet Center, US Department of Veterans Affairs 280 Cohasset Rd., Chico, CA 95926 (530) 899-8549 Vet Center Services include individual readjustment counseling, referral for benefits assistance, group readjustment counseling, liason with community agencies, marital and family counseling, substance abuse information, job counseling and placement, sexual trauma counseling and more. You will find Vet Reps from EDD located here. Also, there is a nurse practitioner available. The VA Clinic is located in this office. For eligibility click on the blue star. Take a copy of your DD-214. If you need a copy of your DD-214, click on the star at the right.   Vet Center Services are extended to War Zone Veterans including: Vietnam, Korea, World War II, Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, Persian Gulf, and Somalia. Sexual trauma/harassment counseling is available for Veterans of both sexes, from all eras. If you have any questions, be sure to call, or visit.

Employment Development Department, (EDD) Chico Employment Center-- 2445 Carmichael Dr., Chico, Ca. 95926 (530) 895-4364, Oroville Employment Center-- 78 Table Mountain Boulevard, Oroville, CA 95965 (530) 538-7301 Fax # 534-1167, Paradise Employment Center-- 6249 Paradise, CA 95969 (530) 872-6350 Fax # 872-9236 At EDD, a Veteran can register in CalJobs, fax resumes to employers, access Internet Job Services, receive referrals to education and training, and inquire about workshops. Case Management, (see glossary) is available according to need. LVERs (Local Veteran Employment Representative) and DVOPs (Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Reps.) can assist qualified Veterans in their search for employment and other services. There is also information available on the Chapter 31, (Disabled Veteran Program). . Web site: For Unemployment Insurance (UI) call: 1-800-300-5616

Private Industry Council (PIC) Chico Employment Center-- 2445 Charmichael Dr. Chico, Ca. 95928 (530) 895-4364, Oroville Employment Center-- 78 Table Mountain Boulevard Oroville, CA 95966 (530)538-7301 Fax # 534-1167, Paradise Employment Center-- 6249 Skyway Paradise, CA 95969 (530)872-6350 Fax # 872-9236 Some of the services they offer are: vocational training, job placement, career counseling, on-the-job training, computer literacy and keyboarding, GED/high school diploma preparation, computer software, job search skills, business office skills. The Employment Centers house many different agencies and services. Their Web Site is :

Veterans' Clinic 280 Cohasset Rd. Chico, CA 95926(530) 879-5000 Medical, dental and counseling is available to qualified Veterans under certain conditions. Take a copy of your DD-214.

Department of Rehabilitation 470 Rio Lindo Ave. Chico, Ca. 95928 (530)895-5507 The Dept. of Rehab serves anyone with a physical, mental, or emotional problem that interferes with a person's ability to secure and hold a job. You may qualify for job training and placement, help with transportation, vocational and personal counseling and more.

Butte College 3536 Butte Campus Dr. Oroville, Ca 95965 (530) 895-2361 Their Web site is: Click here for more colleges:

Salvation Army 700 Broadway Chico, Ca. 95928 A Veteran can obtain food, clothing, help with overdue PG&E bills and counseling. Social group meetings are a regular occurance.

Northern Valley Catholic Social Services 1051 Mangrove Avenue Chico, CA 95926 530-345-1600 800-339-8336 Social Services, Counseling, and Housing for Persons with Special Needs - NVCSS is a non-profit organization with a 501(c)(3) designation.Their Web Site is :

Experience Works, Inc. Experience Works, Inc. has representatives at 2445 Carmichael Drive (inside the Chico CEC) Chico,CA 95928 (530) 895-4672. For appointments in Paradise or Oroville, please call 895-4320. Experience Works is a national non-profit organization providing job search assistance, training and temporary, subsidized, part-time employment assignments for older Veterans, as well as the general public. You must be at least 50 years old and meet federal income guidelines for most program services. Please call for more information or visit our website:

CalWorks/Food Stamps/General Assistance/County Medical Assistance 2445 Carmichael Drive, Chico, CA (530) 879-3479, Oroville: (530) 538-7711

Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Butte County 2640 S. 5th Ave. Oroville, CA (530) 538-7534 HUD offers information on low cost housing.

Help Line Call anytime, 24 hours a day (530) 891-2810 They offer a 24 hour crisis hotline with help and referrals.

Northern Valley Catholic Social Services 2445 Oro Dam Blvd. Suite 5 Oroville, CA 95965 800-339-8336 Social Services, Counseling, and Housing for Persons with Special Needs - NVCSS is a non-profit organization with a 501(c)(3) designation.Their Web Site is :

Legal Services of Northern California 541 Normal Ave. Chico, Ca. 95926 (530) 345-9491 Veterans can receive free legal aid, qualification is based on an individual's income.

County Court House 655 Oleander Ave. Chico, Ca. 95926 (530) 891-2702 Veterans can record their DD-214 with the Registrar's Office. The office is on the 1st floor and is free of charge.

Regional Occupation Program (ROP) 2491 Carmichael Dr. Suite 100, Chico, CA 95928 (530) 879-7457 The Butte County ROP offers vocational training and career planning for high school students and adults.

Social Security Administration 2035 Forest Ave. Chico, Ca. 95928 (530) 345-5199 or 1-800-772-1213 A Veteran can obtain a Social Security Card and record of earnings. Their Web Site is :

Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) 500 Cohasset Rd. Chico, Ca. 95926 1-800-777-0133

United States Post Office W. 5th Ave. & Broadway Chico, Ca. 95928 1-800-275-8777 They offer general delivery mail service, also a Veteran can inquire about postal exams and temporary employment.

Consumer Credit Counseling Service(530) 674-9729, Web Site: CCCS can help Veterans who are having trouble paying their bills. This is funded by the banking industry and the counseling is free.

Veterans Affairs (Benefit Information and Claims Assistance) 1-800-827-1000 Veterans Educational Benefits (G.I.Bill)1-888-442-4551

City of Chico Personnel 411 Main St. Chico, Ca 95928 (530) 895-4821. Their employment listings are updated regularly on their Web Site:

Butte County Personnel 25 County Center Dr. Oroville, Ca. 95965 (530)538-7651 You will find announcements of current employment opportunities, application forms, and information about Butte County's application and selection procedures.

Indian Manpower 2540 Hartnell Ave. Redding, CA 96001 (530) 222-1004 This program provides numerous services to Native Americans, Alaskans, and Hawaiians. Call for details.

Family Services Agency, Adult Services 592 Rio Lindo Ave. Chico, CA (530)891-2771 Children Services 3 County Center Dr. Oroville, CA (530)538-7617

Butte County Colusa County Glenn County. Kings County. Lassen County Madera County Modoc County Orange County. Plumas County Sacramento County Shasta County Siskiyou County Sutter County. Tehama County. Trinity County Yolo County Yuba County San Mateo County State Services Federal Services Veteran Web Sites. Employment Hotlines Women Veterans Labor Market Information Employment Classifieds Training. Internet Sites Employer Sites Colleges Tax Credits Temp Agencies Map Quest Directory Medical and Disabilities Coming Events Organizations Nedd a DD-214? Workshops Vet Gazette Shasta County Veterans Action Committee Case Mnagement Nevada Services Oregon Services Funding for Education. Free Internet E-mail Yolo County Yuba County Humboldt County

Return to VETSWORK Home Page