For Job Fair, Stand Down and Employer Seminar information choose a location below, then click the button to the right.

Redwoods Vet Center, US Department of Veterans Affairs 2830 G Street, Eureka, Suite A Eureka, CA 95501, (707) 444-8271 Vet Center services include individual readjustment counseling, referral for benefits assistance, group readjustment counseling, liaison with community agencies, marital and family counseling, substance abuse information, job counseling and placement, sexual trauma counseling and more. Take a copy of your DD-214. Vet Center Services are extended to War Zone Veterans including: Vietnam, Korea, World War II, Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, Persian Gulf, and Somalia. Sexual trauma harassment counseling is available for Veterans of both sexes, from all eras. If you have any questions, be sure to call, or visit. For eligibility click on the blue star. Take a copy of your DD-214. If you need a copy of your DD-214, click on the star at the right.  

Employment Development Department, (EDD) 409 K Street, Eureka, CA 95501, (707) 445-6530, Fax # (707) 445-6781 At EDD, a Veteran can register in CalJOBS, fax resumes to employers, access Internet job services, receive referrals to education and training, and inquire about workshops. Case Management is available according to need. LVERs (Local Veteran Employment Representatives) and DVOPs (Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Representatives) can assist qualified Veterans in their search for employment and other services. There is also information available on the Chapter 31, (Disabled Veteran Program). Web site: For Unemployment Insurance (UI) call: 1-800-300-5616

"The Job Market" One-Stop Career Center 409 "K" Street, Eureka, CA 95501 (707) 445-6149 A number of employment and training services are available at or through Humboldt County's One-Stop Career Center. A Resource Room is available at no cost for Internet job search, resume preparation, career search, GED preparation and number of other services. The following agencies provide services at this location: California Employment Development Department, Humboldt County Employment and Training Division, Eureka Adult School, Humboldt Regional Occupation Program, AARP/Senior Community Service Employment Program, North Coast Veterans Resource Center and CalWORKs.

Humboldt County Employment Training Division 930 Sixth Street, Eureka, CA 95501 (707)441-4600 Some of the services offered include: vocational training, job placement, career counseling, on-the-job training, computer literacy and keyboarding, GED/high school diploma preparation, computer software, job search skills, business office skills.

Humboldt Regional Occupation Program (HROP) 901 Myrtle Avenue, Eureka, CA 95501 (707)445-7018 HROP offers job skills & vocational education. Classes in Arcata, Eureka and Fortuna. Call for class listings. Web site:

North Coast Veterans Resource Center 2107 3rd Street, Eureka, CA 95501 (707)442-4113 NCVRC is a division of the Vietnam Veterans of California, Inc. Services and Programs: Veterans Workforce Investment Program, Supportive Housing, and Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program.

Humboldt County Veteran Service Officer (CVSO) 825 5th Street, 3rd Floor, Eureka, CA 95501 (707)445-7342 Jodie Burgess is the liaison between the Veteran and the Veterans Administration with matters such as home loans, pension and medical, burial benefits and more. Bring a copy of your DD-214.

Eureka Veterans Clinic 714 "F" Street, Eureka, CA 95501 (707)442-1452 Medical, dental, Pharmacy and counseling are available to qualified Veterans under certain conditions. Bring a copy of your DD-214.

CA Department of Rehabilitation 310 3rd Street, Eureka, CA 95501 (707)445-6300 The Dept. of Rehab serves anyone with a physical, mental, or emotional problem that interferes with a person's ability to secure and hold a job. You may qualify for job training and placement, help with transportation, vocational and personal counseling and more.

College of the Redwoods 7351 Tompkins Hill Rd. Eureka, CA 95503 (707)476-4358 Their Web Site is:

Humboldt State University, Human Resources Department, Student & Business Services Building, Suite #143 Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA 95521, Job Line: (707)826-4500, Office (voice & TDD):(707)826-3626, Fax:(707)826-3625. Their Web Site is: http: //

Salvation Army 1500 Anna Sparks Way, McKinleyville, CA 94419 (707)839-2956 A Veteran can obtain food, clothing, help with overdue PG&E bills and counseling. Social group meetings are a regular occurance.

St. Vincent de Paul 513 "K" Street, Arcata, CA 95521 (707)822-6946 and 528 2nd Street, Eureka, CA 95501 (707)443-8676 Social Services, Counseling, and Housing for persons with special needs.

Humboldt County Department of Health and Human Services: Calworks/Food Stamps/General Assistance/County Medical Assistance 1711 3RD Street, Eureka, CA 95501, (707) 445-6145

Housing Authority--City of Eureka and Humboldt County 735 West Everding Street, Eureka, CA (707)445-0866 Subsidized housing program for low-income families/seniors/disabled. Public housing units available.

Legal Services of Northern CA 123 3RD Street, Eureka, CA 95501, (707) 445-0866 Clinics to help indigent residents of Humboldt County with legal matters. Services include tenants' rights, family law, and public benefits.

Social Security Administration-Region IX 3144 Broadway, Eureka, CA 95501, 1-800-772-1213 Their Web Site is :

CA Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) 322 West 15TH Street, Eureka, CA 95501, 1-800-777-0133, TTY 1-800-368-4327

Consumer Credit Counseling Service1309 11TH Street, Arcata, CA 95521, (707) 822-8356 Web Site: CCCS can help Veterans who are having trouble paying their bills. This is funded by the banking industry and the counseling is free.

Veterans Affairs (Benefit Information and Claims Assistance) 1-800-827-1000 Veterans Educational Benefits 1-888-442-4551 or click on the GI Bill Blackboard below

Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) Humbodlt State University (707)826-4971 Program provides college preparatory courses to veterans beginning or returning to college. Services for all process related to education.

Butte County Colusa County Glenn County. Kings County. Lassen County Madera County Modoc County Orange County. Plumas County Sacramento County Shasta County Siskiyou County Sutter County. Tehama County. Trinity County Yolo County Yuba County San Mateo County State Services Federal Services Veteran Web Sites. Employment Hotlines Women Veterans Labor Market Information Employment Classifieds Training. Internet Sites Employer Sites Colleges Tax Credits Temp Agencies Map Quest Directory Medical and Disabilities Coming Events Organizations Nedd a DD-214? Workshops Vet Gazette Shasta County Veterans Action Committee Case Mnagement Nevada Services Oregon Services Funding for Education. Free Internet E-mail Yolo County Yuba County

Return to VETSWORK Home Page