Work Force Connection 310 Boles St. Weed, CA 96094 (530) 938-3231, 1-800-344-7837 This is a full Community Employment Center (CEC) with all the employment services: career exploration and labor market information, job training programs, job search support and worshops, CalJobs, Internet access, resume preparation, fax services, and much more. They have Calworks and the Siskiyou Training and Employment Program (STEP), which is a private, non-profit agency funded by the Department of Labor to coordinate the training and placement of qualified individuals in the community. For Unemployment Insurance (UI) call: 1-800-300-5616

Siskiyou County Veteran Service Office 311 Lane St. Yreka, CA 96097 (530) 842-8010 The Siskiyou County Veteran Service Officer, Michael Murphy, is the liason between the Veteran and the Veterans Administration with matters such as home loans, pension and medical, burial benefits and more. Michael is also your contact for service connected disability information.

Human Services Department 827 S. Main St Yreka (temporary), CA 96097 (530) 841-2700 At Human Services you can find out about Child and Adult Protective Services, CalWorks, Food Stamps and more. EDD is also at this location.

Siskiyou County Personnel Office 201 4th St. Yreka, CA 96097 (530) 842-8006 Job Hotline: (530) 842-8019. This job line is updated once a week, on Fridays. You may find out about a job by going into the Personnel Office during the week.

State Department of Rehabilitation 1288 S. Main St. Yreka, CA 96097 (530) 842-1662 The Dept. of Rehab serves anyone with a physical, mental, or emotional problem that interferes with a person's ability to secure and hold a job. You may qualify for job training and placement, help with transportation, vocational and personal counseling and more.

State Department of Veterans Affairs 1-800-952-5626 Find out information on Cal-Vet Farm and Home Loans.

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs 1-800-827-1000 This number is for benefits and claims. For education information call: 1-888-442-4551, for the Persian Gulf War Helpline call: 1-800-749-8387, for medical care: VA Clinic, 351 Hartnell Ave. Redding, CA (530)226-7555

Veterans' Clinic 351 Hartnell, Redding, CA 96002 (530) 226-7555 Medical, dental and counseling is available to qualified Veterans under certain conditions. Take a copy of your DD-214.

Siskiyou County Recorder's Office 311 4th St. Yreka, CA 96097 (530) 842-8065 Veterans can record their DD-214 with the Recorder's Office. This service is free of charge.

Butte County Colusa County Glenn County. Kings County. Lassen County Madera County Modoc County Orange County. Plumas County Sacramento County Shasta County Siskiyou County Sutter County. Tehama County. Trinity County Yolo County Yuba County San Mateo County State Services Federal Services Veteran Web Sites. Employment Hotlines Women Veterans Labor Market Information Employment Classifieds Training. Internet Sites Employer Sites Colleges Tax Credits Temp Agencies Map Quest Directory Medical and Disabilities Coming Events Organizations Nedd a DD-214? Workshops Vet Gazette Shasta County Veterans Action Committee Case Mnagement Nevada Services Oregon Services Funding for Education. Free Internet E-mail Yolo County Yuba County Humboldt County

Return to VETSWORK Home Page