Click on a title below, to view a website.

CA Department of Veteran Affairs: For information on State Veterans Benefits, including: Cal-Vet Home loans, Veterans Home of CA, CA Veterans' Memorial, Women Veterans Programs, Veteran License Plates and more.
Employment Development Department: This site contains information for employers, finding a Job, information on filing Unemployment or Disability claim, labor market information, employment & training, forms & publications, programs and services.
State Personnel Board: This site has been completely reconstructed. Most California State Departments have links. Veterans can check out Civil Service jobs and employment information. Also you'll find links to Sacramento Area Government Career Centers, Federal Government, California Educational Systems, California Local Government, State Governments, and other employment Listings.
Housing and Community Development Department: (916) 323-9224 or 1-800-952-8356. Depending on an individual circumstances, Veterans may qualify for license fee or homeowner's property tax exemptions. Call for details.
State Department of Rehabilitation: 830 K St. Mall Sacramento, CA 95814 (916) 445-9347 or 1900 Churn Creek Rd. Suite 100 Redding, CA 96002 (530) 224-4708 (for other Counties, see County links).The State Department of Rehabilitation provides vocational rehab and career preparation services for disabled Veterans. Services may include: counseling and guidance, assessment, training, transportation, OJT, placement, and more.
Department of State Parks and Recreation : P.O.Box 942896 Sacramento, CA 94296-0001 (916) 653-6995.The California Department of Parks and Recreation offers a disabled Veteran/Prisoner of War pass for honorably discharged Veterans with a wartime disability that is service connected and rated 70% or more. Call for details.

Return to VETSWORK Home Page